Thursday, February 28, 2013

Adidas pop-up store


Today I’m going to write about a simple but efficient marketing strategy Adidas uses to get the people talking about them. I know I promised to write about RedBull but I’ll save that subject for my next post.  The idea to write about this came from a photo I saw on Facebook.



As you can see, Adidas has built a giant shoe box. They use this building as a store. It’s a temporary construction that we call a pop-up store. This kind of stores needs to pull the attention of the public and boost the sales. They are mostly built in big cities as London or New York. The stores can be set up fast and easily and immediately draw the attention. 

This strategy can be useful for both boosting the sales temporary in that region and getting the brand know worldwide through sharing via social media. The fact that these kinds of stores bring extra publicity with them is actually just a nice bonus but not the main purpose of this concept.
The biggest and most important effect of this concept though, is that pictures of the stores mostly go viral on the internet. That’s how I met this store. No billboards or TV advertisement was required to get it to my attention. Adidas does this to launch new products. They build the store and only share the whereabouts trough social media. After that, the message starts to lead its own life and the word spreads.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I will try to write about the Redbull strategy in my next post as promised. Feel free to comment or share. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment